Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Staples Out

September 2, 2008

Aiden had his staples removed this afternoon by his pediatrician. It was yet another painful experience he had to endure. My heart breaks for him because he has had to deal with so much in his short life. I sometimes wonder how he can go through all the surgeries, laser treatments, pokes and pulls and still be the sweet, happy boy that he is.

Tomorrow, Aiden will go to back to school. His doctor said it's okay and he seems to be ready. I can tell he's getting bored here at the house all day. I'll sit in class with him and make sure he's okay and not overwhelmed. His teacher said it would be okay to take him home early if a full day is more than he can tolerate.

While I'm at Aiden's school, I will check with the therapists to see about getting him back on the schedule. His doctors at UCLA cleared him to resume therapy any time.

No comments: